Thursday, October 3, 2013

Self Esteem

Self Esteem.. What is it really? 

     
Everybody thinks that they have the right definition in their minds. On top of that, most adults don't have the proper education to teach their children about what Self Esteem REALLY is..

Self Esteem is knowledge of self, a relationship with one's self.. 
Alone by yourself without the opinions of anyone else in the World. 
To most it might sound Daunting, but if you don't have a relationship with 
yourself, then how else would you be able to
 measure the amount of Self Esteem you really have?

The answer is Simple, but it's been a Taboo since the beginning of time. 
Do you remember as child hearing from other Elementary classmates, or neighborhood
kids joning playfully saying.. "If you talk to yourself you're crazy!" Then these uneducated kids want to tell us "If we talk to ourselves out loud, and then answer out loud you're crazy" Maybe so
If you're having outbursts. See when you're 12 and 13 years old, you're  trying to figure out where your place is in this world.  Those exact rules are broken.. Eventually.

Self Esteem is..

"It's your protection from you, by you. A Spiritual gift of  a unconditional love for yourself, no matter what happens to you. It's Armor for the Soul."  -Bilqiys Greene


Now, How do you get to know your SELF?

This didn't come easy to me at 12 years old. This was the age where I was discovering what my good habits were, and my bad habits. But, I was still too young to fully understand what getting to know myself really was. I was given a Journal. 
This Journal basically saved my life over and over and over again. Because I had the chance to talk to myself, ask myself questions, and answer them. Without feeling guilty, I was writing to me. 
I had the best conversations with myself without even speaking a word out loud. 
This was the building block on how I gained a relationship with myself. 

You constantly build yourself up over, and over again. Because once you understand that in this world you will always run into someone who doesn't like you or your ideas, just because you're YOU. 


Strong Self Esteem is Your Protection From Predators

How well do you know yourself, are you your own best friend? The answer is yes.. Nobody wants to go on through life alone. Self Esteem is your Spirit guide to help you along the way through life, when things get crazy.

No comments: