Sunday, November 24, 2013

A stranger who remains a stranger.

A man who never lets you in is a stranger indeed.

I come across many men who seemingly reveal themselves. But in reality they only reveals minimal amount of information about themselves. As if there was something to hide. See men have lots of emotions, but they guard them as if they could easily lose them. 

I had recently men a guy who seemed happy, joked with me and spoke deeply about what he thought about the world, and religion. But when it came to talking about emotions he changed the subject so many times to get the attention off of himself that I became frustrated with my attempts. Ok felt as if I had to trick him into revealing his emotions.
But see the more I tried convince him that he was avoiding the questions I had asked him the more frustrated I became..
I soon realized that he lacks the ability to talk about his feeling, and in doing this it created a distance between us. Like we spoke two different languages. He insulted my intelligence as if I were a child. Completely missing the point I was attempting to make before he spoke over me. 

He told me that I was acting like a man and attempting to dominate me.. One thing he told me that I will never forget is that he was abused by his Mother, moreover he was raised by his Father. He had his own views as to what role a Woman should play. 

See as long as I agreed with him the conversation would flow, but if I disagreed with him everything went down south. In my mind I was thinking.. what type of Woman would deal with this madness.. 
The answer is.. none.. He had told me that he had been single for 8 years.. 
Now eight years is a very very long time.. Almost a decade he had been single..
The thing is, he was completely oblivious of this information.

It's ironic that I always seem to bump into this type of Muslim Brother. The kind who wants to raise a Woman who's already been raised by her Father, to be his Wife.. These are always the Men who have 
Been raised by Men..

My questions are will he ever respect a Woman or look at them as equals if he was abused by a Woman, and raised by a Man.? In his eyes I was too dominant, by having my own opinion of his characteristics.. They were familiar to me... A man who really doesn't want to be known, wanting to remain there.. Just so he can remain unknown.. Negative in everyday, even his tone of voice was dominating.. 
I don't know what type of a relationship he had 8 years ago, but I bet a million dollars that it was a rocky one.. glad I didn't go far PEACE NEGRO.


No comments: